50g plain flour
1 tsp instant dry yeast
250g high protein flour
50g rye flour
2 tsp molasses sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp molasses
60g rolled oat
60g walnuts (chopped)
- Combine ingredients A and mix well. Cover with a piece of wet towel and leave to proof for 1 hour.
- Put all ingredients B into a mixing bowl and stir well. Add in starter A, stout, molasses and mix into a dough.
- Add in butter and mix into a smooth dough. Add in ingredients D and knead until well mixed.
- Cover with a piece of wet towel and leave to proof until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Cut into 3 equal portions, round up and punch out the air. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll into a long oblong and roll up. Roll out and roll up again. Place into a loaf tin and leave to proof until double in size.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 160°C for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and unmould the toast.