50g black glutinous rice flour
90g cooked glutinous rice flour
160g icing sugar (sifted)
110ml ice water
200g fresh re cherry (halved and seeded)
1 1/2 tsp agar-agar powder
1/2 tbsp cornstarch water (1/2 tsp cornstarch,mixed with 1/2 tbsp water)
2 tbsp red wine (optional)
480g green peas paste (divided into 60g portions)
- Skin: combine purple rice flour wirh 45ml water and mix into a dough. Put into boiling water and cook until gloat up. Dish up and set aside
- Combine cooked glutinous rice flour with icing sugar until well mixed. Add in ice water and mix into a dough. Add in the cooked rice flour and knead until well mixed. Add in shortening and continued to knead until smooth. Divide the dough into small portions, 60g each.
- Cherry agar-agar: Mix red cherry ,sugar, water, and agar-agar powder until well mixed. Cook until the agar-agar powder has dissolved. Add in cornstarch water and mix well. Add in red wine and stir well. Pour the mixture into small cups and leave to set.
- Filling: Wrap the cherry agar-agar well with the green peas paste and round up.
- Flatten the skin and wrap up the filling. Dust a little fried glutinous rice flour over the dough, press into the mooncake mould and unmould it. Chill the mooncakes in the fridge until cool before serving.