Blueberry Cheese Snow Skin Mooncakes
250g cream cheese
40g icing sugar, sifted
30g blueberry jam
20g dried blue berries
100g fried glutinous rice flour (gao flour), sifted
100g icing sugar, sifted
85ml cold boiled water, mixed with a few drops blue berry essence and a few drops purple colouring
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, icing sugar and blueberry jam until well mixed and smooth. Divide into 4 portions, about 70g each. Place each portion of filling onto a piece of cling film and insert dried blue berries into the filling. Wrap up and form into balls. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Skin: Combine gao flour and icing sugar until well mixed. Add in shortening and mix until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add water into the gao flour mixture and mix into a dough. Divide into 4 portions, about 70g each.
- Round up skin dough and flatten it. Dust hand with some gao flour to prevent sticking. Wrap filling with skin. Press into mooncake mould and remove.
- Chill mooncakes in the fridge before serving.
1. These mooncakes should be kept in the fridge so that it can last longer and for better taste.
2. Cheese filling must be chillied till firm before using.
3. Use 140g-150g mooncake mould.